What is wrong with e-commerce experience today?
What does online retail customers expect now?
Customers expectations have skyrocketed now in online retail & businesses who are not able to cater their needs are slowly moving out of business.
- Fully functional websites with up to date content
- Web sites designed to address the needs of users
- Easy search of products & information
- Clear explanation of can do & can't do tasks on the site
- A coherent user experience
Recommendations for online retail business
- Use scenario design and personas to optimize the effectiveness of your online presence
- Make only promises that you can keep
- Competetive pricing & search
- Use RIA rich internet applications to improve user experience
- Prompt customer service & resolutions
- Community building efforts
- Marketing & promotions by intutive channels like viral videos, CPC-cost per click,link exchange,google ads etc
- Easy task flows & work flows
- Security of user information shown upfront
- Accessible websites
- SEO - make the site search engine optimized as research shows - 65% of users reach sites through search engines.
- Proper branding focus - try to build a online brand for unique quality & service
In this way we can say that online retail is moving faster than expected long back.Need is to take this as an opportunity for making great User Experience applications.